What We Do
We Discover is a customer research and digital product and services agency. Our team is focussed on creating experiences that aim to solve real problems first by performing root cause analysis, using our design thinking and lean frameworks.
We partner with our clients to deliver their products and new ventures in the fastest possible route to market and at the same time never compromise on quality. We’re represented in Sydney and Melbourne and work across a range of industries including telco, airline, property, financial institutions, government, startups and more.
Our services range from customer research, user testing, strategy, rapid experimentation, digital marketing, design and delivery solutions. We exist to provide value and meaning back to our clients’ customers and users.
We believe in exploring new perspectives and looking at things differently, turning structure upside down, back to front and sideways.
Join our multidisciplinary team, instilling a clear vision and a passionate drive. You’ll play a leading role in fulfilling the vision, driving the implementation of our products and setting the standards.
The Digital Delivery Manager will be responsible for managing the end-to-end delivery of software product development from requirements and design through to release under an Agile methodology. You will also be accountable for defining, overseeing and executing statements of work, project plans/schedules, budgets and deliverables.
As a successful Digital Delivery Manager at We Discover, you will get your hands dirty tackling detailed work yourself and working with researchers, designers, developers, and business stakeholders to define, build, and iterate solutions for our fantastic clients and partners. You will be required to work closely with multiple project teams, holding regular Scrum meetings, ensuring that team(s) can deliver within the agreed timescales. You will also manage and monitor backlog analysis, workstream planning and delivery of the project.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects using Agile methodologies (Scrum / Kanban / Lean).
- As an Agile champion, continuously measure and address areas of Agile maturity and coach the team; train and document processes and champion the use of appropriate productivity tools.
- Manage and plan technical, resource and project dependencies within and across the Scrum teams.
- Take responsibility for the Scrum ceremonies such as – daily scrum, estimation sessions, product backlog grooming, sprint planning and retrospective.
- Ensure project scope, sprint and release priorities are managed in collaboration with the team and client stakeholders.
- Supporting the team to deliver value to meet stakeholder expectations.
- Analyse complex business problems and provide solutions.
- Adept in problem solving and conflict resolution.
Nice to Have
- A background/experience in business operations (e.g. capacity planning, financial forecasting and invoicing/managing client accounts).
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant technology, or business discipline.
- Hands on Agile delivery experience i.e. as an Agile Delivery Manager or Scrum Master, working on digital or technology projects.
- Certified Scrum Master / Iteration Manager with at least 3 years of experience as a Scrum Master.
- Experience with Agile tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience in all phases of a project lifecycle while managing expectations and managing cross-functional teams.
- Experience interfacing with technical teams spanning multiple geographies.
- Proven project estimation and project planning experience using project management methodology (processes, best practices, tools, and templates) effectively.
- Proven past performance in translating and communicating complex technical information to technical and non-technical parties.
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity and task definitions.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and organisation skills.
We offer a competitive package, including:
- Generous training and development budget
- Flexible and creative working space
- Best of both worlds – start-up vibes paired with enterprise-scale work
- A fun, casual, energy-rich and culturally diverse environment
- Flat structure approach but with the autonomy to learn and grow
- Monthly catered lunches/breakfasts
- Career progression opportunities
- Quarterly social events
- Fun Fridays (ping pong competitions and team social events)
- A wide variety of snacks and beverages
- Scope to make the role your own
- An environment that encourages being fit and healthy (both mentally and physically)
Our Core Values
- Customer-centric: You are passionate about delivering end-to-end meaningful experiences for every customer.
- Honest: You are sincere and act in the best interest of the company, our clients and your teammates.
- Empathetic: You have the ability to understand and share the feelings of others.
- Friendly: You are kind, don’t talk badly about others and you go beyond to help your teammates.
- Professional: You are pleasant and polite to others, carry yourself in a respectful manner and avoid acting out by being angry or defensive.
- Transparent: You exchange information and feedback frequently to strengthen relationships, ensure alignment, and elevate.
- Results-driven: You aim high and go beyond tradition and standards to reach our goals.
- Constantly evolving: You’re never satisfied and are unafraid to be a better version of yourself.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
We Discover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive, collaborative working environment.
To be eligible, you must be currently located in Sydney, Australia with valid working rights. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide Visa Sponsorship for this position.
No recruiters, please and no introductions from external recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Due to the anticipated high volume of responses, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.