What We Do
We Discover is a product, brand and research agency. Our team is focused on creating experiences that aim to solve real problems first by performing root cause analysis, using our design thinking and lean frameworks.
We partner with our clients to deliver their products and new ventures in the fastest possible route to market and at the same time never compromise on quality. We’re represented in Sydney and Melbourne and work across a range of industries including telco’s, airline, property, financial institutions, government, startups and more.
Our services range from customer research, user testing, strategy, rapid experimentation, digital marketing and design and delivery solutions. We exist to provide value and meaning back to our client’s customers and users.
We believe in exploring new perspectives and looking at things differently, turning structure upside down, back to front and sideways.
The Job & Qualifications
The Full Stack Developer will be responsible for developing best-in-class digital experiences for We Discover clients. They will contribute to developing and delivering mobile first and responsive digital solutions, that provide visually compelling digital experiences to solve clearly articulated user problems.
- Working in a cross-functional team to take Product Design/UX/UI designs and wireframes to actual code that produces functional elements of the applications
- Working closely with Product and UI Designers to minimise the gap between design and implementation
- Building documented, effectively tested libraries and application components for future use
- Cross-device compatibility for all major operating systems, web browsers and device types (iOS, Android, Windows)
- Participating in technology stack evaluations, processes and creating proof of concept models for new technologies and approaches
- Estimation of requirements and technical effort for projects
What we’d like you to have
- Strong demonstrated PHP experience
- Understanding of cloud server infrastructure (AWS or Google Cloud) and Continuous Integration.
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress such as hooks, custom plugins and theme creation.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Firebase and MongoDB.
- Advanced knowledge of GIT and version control.
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of working experience as a Full Stack Developer/Engineer with proven work experience
- You enjoy working in collaboration with UI / UX Designers and other web developers
- You are able to develop and maintain strong client/stakeholder relationships
- You have an entrepreneur’s approach
- You love diving into the details and have a desire to constantly learn new things and solve problems but can also use tried and tested methods to deliver solutions quickly
- You are confident in communicating with others and have the ability to write and manage documentation
- You are a team player with excellent collaboration skills.
We offer a competitive package, including:
- Flexible working days
- Creative working space
- Best of both worlds – start-up vibes paired with enterprise-scale work
- A fun, casual, energy-rich and culturally diverse environment
- Flat structure approach but with the autonomy to learn and grow
- Catered lunches
- Quarterly social events
- Fun Fridays (ping pong competitions and team social events)
- A wide variety of snacks and beverages
- Scope to make the role your own
- An environment that encourages being fit and healthy (both mentally and physically)
Our Core Values
- Customer-centric: You are passionate about delivering end-to-end meaningful experiences for every customer
- Honest: You are sincere and act in the best interest of the company, our clients and your teammates
- Empathetic: You have the ability to understand and share the feelings of others
- Friendly: You are kind, don’t talk badly about others and you go beyond to help your teammates
- Professional: You are pleasant and polite to others, carry yourself in a respectful manner and avoid acting out by being angry or defensive
- Transparent: You exchange information and feedback frequently to strengthen relationships, ensure alignment, and elevate
- Results-driven: You aim high and go beyond tradition and standards to reach our goals
- Constantly evolving: You’re never satisfied and are unafraid to be a better version of yourself.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
We Discover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive, collaborative working environment.
To be eligible, you must be currently located in Sydney, Australia with valid working rights. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide Visa Sponsorship for this position.
No recruiters, please and no introductions from external recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Due to the anticipated high volume of responses, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.